Thursday, July 5, 2012

Korea: some of the best food in the world?

First meal in Korea - Haejangguk or "hangover soup," a coke, and kimchi.
Second night - Udon noodles, tea, Korean "sushi" rolls, and kimchi.
Third night - Samgyupsal or Korean pork BBQ, a beer, and of course more kimchi.
The food has been the best part of Korea so far.  Since I have recently been called a bon vivant, I think I can have something to say about good cuisine around the world.  If you asked me a few years ago what are the best destinations that I have been to for good food and drink, my list would be something like:

1. Taiwan
2. Italy
3. Spain
4. Singapore
5. China (would be higher on this list but NOT with all of the food contamination stories)

...but now I would put Korea right up there at number 3 or 4.  I still will be in Korea for almost two more months so let's see what happens...

I am in South Korea doing an artist residency at  Mite Ugro ZaZa. Besides producing an exhibit of new artwork, I will be assisting a friend and former student, Jonah Whipp, create a film. Please pledge to help produce this unique film that could potentially launch our creative careers! Any amount small or big will help and there are rewards for donating too including a Zine, DVD of the final film, and one-of-a-kind artwork by ME! Click on the links for more info:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and kimchi is good for you too:

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20410300,00.html