Thursday, August 28, 2008

second day...



up by 7am and after breakfast was at HR by 8:30am... got most of my paperwork done... it was all just filling out all the same info over and over again on dozens of different forms... met with a banking professional to start the process to set up a bank account (it will take at least a week!), got my office computer set up, went off with an Iranian guy who helped me get passport quality photos for all of my documents (he was pretty funny) and a cool guy named Mishaal to see the AUK housing they set up... it is nice, has an ocean view, not too expensive (1,126.80 US Dollar a month for a furnished two bedroom apartment), but it is about 3 miles from the university... I would have to get a car, but it seems everyone drives here anyways... gas is so cheap...

Now my stomach started to not feel good, so I went to the hotel and just vegged out... the school had provided us with some bread, jelly, cheese and milk so instead of going out, just starting eating this... but not much since my stomach was getting worse and worse... turned on the TV for the first time and enjoyed some Indian TV, the BBC and a really stupid (but funny) Jim Carrey movie (Me, Myself & Irene) before falling asleep (the Internet still not working in my room, but the front desk keeps on telling me they already fixed it!)

2 comments:

BlackBarook said...

You should see a doctor about your tummy.

Unknown said...

hahah! thanks BlackBarook! that was a long time ago and thankfully I've been pretty good since then! I still do not know what it was, must have been some bug that I picked up in the food or water or what? but I've not had the problem since...