Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm on the side of peace.


One of my friends, a really good person, posted the following comment on facebook this morning, "Feeling bad for Gaza and friends in Tel Aviv & Jerusalem. I know you're supposed to pick sides, and I know the underdog is XX, but it's equally hard when you have friends living in both places." Of course there were a number of replied against his remark, but another of my friends, also a really good person, replied, "I am on the side of peace."

I have been struggling with what, if anything, to post about Gaza the last few days knowing that whatever I post friends on either side are going to be upset, but these two good natured friends encapsulate exactly my feelings. 

This is not a football game where you should be cheering for one side or the other. As Harry Patch, the last surviving soldier known to have fought in the trenches of the First World War, said, "War is organized murder, and nothing else."

Thanks Charlez and Jeanine!

1 comment:

J9 said...

Yes, as a Christian, I will pray for peace!