Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Update on remake of Chris Marker's La Jetee (R.I.P. Chris Marker)

La jetée (dir. Chris Marker, 1962)


After getting our studio ready and finishing the kickstarter campaign, Jonah and I were pretty exhausted. We took a couple of days to enjoy market performances, get to know some of the Gwangju artists, and spend time with the director of Mite-Ugro, Seungki Cho. It's August first and we have a lot to work to do in order to get work ready in time for the Gwangju Biennale. Here is what we are planning to accomplish in the next month:

1. My solo show will be exhibited during the same time as the Gwangju Biennale. My works with include handmade scrolls exploring the loss of traditional Korean culture.

2. Jonah and I will film a teaser trailer for Yeok so we can screen it during the time of the Gwangju Biennale.

3. Jonah and I will create a live production performance during the Gwangju Biennale of a scene from Yeok to mark the death of Chris Marker and to celebrate his life and work.

No comments: